Words are extremely powerful, whether they’re spoken aloud or in our minds and shouldn’t be underestimated. A single word, all on its own, can plant a seed within our minds and if left to grow overtime, particularly if it is fed and watered with more words and thoughts can grow and manifest into an actual reality.
This is all well and good when that initial, fledgling word is a positive one, but when it’s negative this can have harmful effects on your whole mindset. The problem with negative thoughts is that they can become self-fulfilling prophecies. We talk ourselves into believing that we’re not good enough. And, as a result, these thoughts drag down our personal lives, our relationships, and our careers.
It might sound like a terrible cliché but in order to achieve success, a positive frame of mind is essential. Yes, it is impossible to be positive 100% of the time but the important thing is that positivity rather than negativity is the overriding emotion.
What is an Affirmation?
Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts. When you repeat them often, and believe in them, you can start to make positive changes.
That is literally it – it’s that simple. Rather than one little word that plants a seed, it is a collection that can completely retrain your mind towards positive belief in yourself and what you do.
Evidence suggests that affirmations can help you to perform better at work. Self-affirmation may also help to mitigate the effects of stress. Furthermore, affirmations have been used to treat people with low self-esteem, depression, and other mental health conditions. Amazingly, affirmations have been shown to stimulate the areas in our brains that make us more likely to effect positive changes in regard to our health.
Affirmations for You
The best way to get started with affirmations is to choose an area of your life you want to focus on such as personal, career, money etc. pick 2–3 affirmations from this list below and repeat them every morning and evening. The reason you do it this way is so that, you will start your day with a positive outlook and fall asleep on a positive thought. Over time, these thoughts will become your reality.
- Money comes to me easily and effortlessly.
- I am worthy of making more money.
- My actions create constant prosperity
Love and Relationships
- I am full of positive loving energy.
- I deserve love and get it in abundance
- I give out love and it is returned to me multiplied many fold.
- My possibilities are endless.
- I am enough
- I believe I can be all that I want to be
- I deserve to be healthy and feel good
- I honour my body by trusting the signals it sends me
- I manifest perfect health by making smart choices
- I am deeply fulfilled by what I do
- I am grateful to be alive. It is my joy and pleasure to live another day.
- Being happy comes easily to me. Happiness is second nature.
Remember, affirmations are most effective when you use them alongside other strategies, such as visualisation and goal setting. So, sit down, choose goals you want to reach, affirmations that support that and start taking steps forward on a more positive journey.